Community Partnership Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/The-Living-Room/opportunities/Community-Partnership-Volunteer/76921 to join
SummaryWe are seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate person to help organise fundraising events and support people in their volunteering and fundraising efforts.
Purpose of the role:
The Living Room is a dynamic and impactful organisation committed to helping people in Hertfordshire who live with addiction. We are seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate individual to join our team as a Community Partnership Volunteer, focusing on organising fundraising events and supporting community members in their volunteering and fundraising efforts.
From June 2024, there is the prospect of earning temporary contract as maternity cover for our Community Partnership Officer, working for 28 hours per week.
Who you are:
Someone who is friendly, reliable and committed to providing regular support as part of an inclusive team.
You care about your local community and want to help make a difference. You want to support vulnerable and disadvantaged people in your area.
· Help to plan, promote and run fundraising events to generate income support for our service.
· Work with the fundraising team to develop event proposals, budgets and timelines.
· Engage with community members, supporters and partners to maximise event participation and donations.
· Provide support to people within the community who express interest in volunteering or fundraising in aid of The Living Room.
· Foster relationships with volunteers, offering encouragement, resources and recognition for their efforts.
Promote volunteer opportunities:
· Engage with supporters to encourage their participation at fundraising events.
· Collaborate with community organisations, including churches and businesses, to expand our volunteer base.
· An interest in The Living Room, our mission and values.
· Strong organisational and project management skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to motivate and support volunteers effectively.
· Proficient in IT tools, including MS Office.
· Gain hands-on experience in fundraising and community engagement within the non-profit sector.
· Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work remotely.
· Make a meaningful impact by directly contributing to The Living Room’s charitable work.
· Out of pocket expense will be reimbursed via a claim form. Mileage costs at 45p per mile up to a maximum of 20 miles per return trip. Public transport up to a maximum of £30 per return trip.
· If you volunteer for more than 5 hours per session, you are entitled to claim for a free lunch up to the value of £3.40.
Demonstrate the organisation’s values through daily working practices:
· CARING: We demonstrate empathy and consideration in our interactions with each other.
· PEOPLE FOCUSED: We prioritise tasks and activities that align with people’s needs and expectations.
· COMMUNITY: We engage in activities that contribute to the well-being of the community and align with ESG principles.
· COMPETENT: We ensure proficiency and skill in carrying out our responsibilities.
· INTEGRITY: We uphold a strong sense of honesty and ethical behaviour in our professional roles.