Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Sue-Ryder8/opportunities/Hairdresser-Volunteer/65496 to join
SummaryWe are currently looking for Volunteer Hairdressers to join our team, offering relaxation and pampering to our residents.
In this role you’ll really make a difference to people who are experiencing exceptionally difficult times in their lives, we know how important a good haircut and a chat can be to raising someone’s self-esteem and wellbeing. Volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old, and should possess insurance and the necessary qualifications (NVQ level 2 minimum) to carry out the relevant treatment.
Activities will include:
- Providing the following services - cut, trim, shampoo, set and blow dry. Being aware of conditions or precautions and adapting treatments accordingly.
- Reporting concerns, incidents or accidents to the assigned member of the team.
- Ensuring treatments are carried out in-line with centres policy and the requirements of the professional body to which you belong.
How often we’d like your support
This role is very flexible and times should be agreed with your local centre.
The skills and experience you’ll need for this role
You will need to:
- Have a warm, friendly, adaptable and calm approach.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and well organised.
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Have good customer service skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Possess insurance and the necessary Hairdressing qualifications (NVQ level 2 minimum).
What you can expect from us
We want to provide a volunteering environment that is inclusive, stimulating, friendly and supportive. As part of our commitment to you we will:
- Ensure you are appreciated and respected
- Provide you with regular support in a way that suits you
- Ask for your feedback and provide opportunities for you to help shape our future
- Celebrate your successes and recognise your contribution
- Ensure you have a clear idea of what your involves
- Reimburse any out of pocket travel expenses
- Make new friends and feel connected
- Build your confidence and improve your wellbeing
- Enhance your CV and gain written references for prospective employers
- Help change lives and support your local community.
- Join a team that celebrates diversity and individual differences of the benefits to you