Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Sue-Ryder8/opportunities/Gardener-Volunteer/65491 to join
SummaryIf you love gardens as much as we do, then you'll know they need a lot of care and attention.
Activities will include:
- Helping with projects like new planting, clearing overgrown areas or developing sensory sections.
- Garden maintenance – including weeding, hedge cutting, raking and deadheading.
- Sweeping paths and removing leaves.
How often we’d like your support
Ideally we hope you’d volunteer every week or fortnight, however all our roles are flexible and times should be agreed with your local centre.
The skills and experience you’ll need for this role
You will need to:
- Have a basic knowledge of plants and their management.
- Have the patience and ability to work in varying weather conditions.
- Be reliable and professional.
- Have a warm, friendly, adaptable approach.
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
What you can expect from us
We want to provide a volunteering environment that is inclusive, stimulating, friendly and supportive. As part of our commitment to you we will:
- Make sure you have all the training you need in your role
- Ensure you are appreciated and respected
- Provide you with regular support in a way that suits you
- Ask for your feedback and provide opportunities for you to help shape our future
- Celebrate your successes and recognise your contribution
- Ensure you have a clear idea of what your role involves
- Reimburse any out of pocket travel expenses
- Make new friends and feel connected
- Build your confidence and improve wellbeing
- Enhance your CV and gain written references
- Help change lives and support your local community
- Join a team that supports diversity and individual differences