Creative Activities Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Sue-Ryder8/opportunities/Creative-Activities-Volunteer/65500 to join
SummaryWe are looking for someone with a creative arts & crafts background who is able to run creative arts sessions, either in a group or one-to-one setting
As a Creative Activities Volunteer with Sue Ryder you’ll be helping provide incredible care to people with life-limiting illness and their families and carers. We are looking for someone with a creative arts & crafts background who is able to run creative arts sessions, either in a group or one-to-one setting, enabling patients to be creative and express themselves. Creative arts could include a wide range of activities including music & painting.
Activities in the role will include:
- Planning and preparing ideas and projects for a small group or on a one-to-one basis.
- Promoting and celebrating the work achieved by patients and displaying the work around the centre.
- Liaising with multidisciplinary teams within the centre/hospice.
- Preparing the arts and crafts environment, clearing up afterwards and preparing resources needed for sessions.
How often we’d like your support
Ideally we hope you’d volunteer at least a couple of hours per week, however all our roles are flexible and times should be agreed with your local centre.
The skills and experience you’ll need for this role
You will need to:
- Be engaging and able to motivate others to join in.
- Have creative skills that you’re confident sharing
- Be reliable
- Have a warm, friendly, adaptable, caring approach.
- Be able to work within personal and organisational boundaries.
- Be well-organised, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
What you can expect from us
We want to provide a volunteering environment that is inclusive, stimulating, friendly and supportive. As part of our commitment to you we will:
- Make sure you have all the training you need in your role
- Ensure you are appreciated and respected
- Provide you with regular support in a way that suits you
- Ask for your feedback and provide opportunities for you to help shape our future
- Celebrate your successes and recognise your contribution
- Ensure you have a clear idea of what your role involves
- Reimburse any out of pocket travel expenses
- Make new friends and feel connected
- Build your confidence and improve your wellbeing
- Enhance your CV and gain written references for prospective employers
- Help change lives and support your local community
- Join a team that celebrates diversity and individual differences
Some of the benefits to you