East Herts Family Centres - Self-Weigh Station Assistant
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/One-YMCA/opportunities/East-Herts-Family-Centres---Self-Weigh-Station-Assistant/68277 to join
SummarySelf-Weigh Station Assistant needed for our Self-Weigh Station at Buttercups Family Centre
An opportunity to check your baby’s weight as well as talk to staff from the Family Support Service on a variety of health promotions and parenting support topics.
Buttercups Family Centre
Weekly - Mondays
12.30pm - 3.30pm
Main Tasks could include:
To welcome families and support with all the required tasks to enable the smooth running Baby and Toddler Health Clinics.
- · To support with setting up and tidying away.
- · To support with the smooth running of the clinic.
- · To greet families and support with signing in and out.
- · Encourage and support families to complete registrations with the service.
- · To check registrations using specialist children & families’ database.
- · Signpost families to the appropriate professional in the room.
- · Become familiar with the programme to support new parents.
- · Signposting to relevant FSS groups, groups or support
Skills, Experience and Qualities needed:
- Aged 18 or over.
- Willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
- You need to have a friendly approach.
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- The ability to work well in a team and unsupervised.
- Training provided prior to starting role.
- Full induction into the service
- Ongoing support and supervision throughout role.
About One YMCA
We deliver a range of programmes and services that tackle the issues facing local people such as homelessness, family support and wellbeing. We offer opportunities for young people, from apprenticeships to work experience and childcare to youth clubs.
We work with all ages, faiths and backgrounds, as part of a global network of 14,000 YMCAs.
We have served the communities in Hertfordshire for 135 years and we reach 1000’s of people each day.