Group support volunteer - Hertford
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Mind-in-Mid-Herts/opportunities/Group-support-volunteer---Hertford/54909 to join
SummaryWe have fantastic opportunities in Hertford to support service users who attend our support groups.
Mind in Mid Herts is looking for enthusiastic, friendly and reliable volunteers to support groups in Hertford. These groups provide opportunities for people experiencing mental health difficulties to meet and share experiences in a safe space. The group looking for volunteers to support takes place on Thursday afternoons.
- Preparing the room for the group
- Welcoming service users to the group and ensuring they are comfortable.
- Working with a group of services users.
- Supporting the facilitator in arranging weekly activities.
- Engaging with the group.
- Debriefing with the Facilitator after each session.
We are particularly looking for volunteers who have the following attributes:
Enthusiasm; motivation; a desire to learn; experience working with people with mental ill health (desirable not essential); active listening skills; reliability and punctuality; a non-judgmental outlook.
This is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference and give back to the local community.