Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Citizens-Advice-Stevenage/opportunities/Generalist-Adviser/52430 to join
SummaryVolunteers are at the heart of our service. Full training and support is given to enable you to help people in your local community find a way forward.
Our volunteers will tell you that each day is different and last year we helped 5381 people in Stevenage and advised them on 21,505 issues. If you would like to be part of an amazing team, making a real difference in your community, go to our website to find out more.
The role generally entails:
· Using interview skills to get to the root cause of the problem
· Clearly explaining information in a way which your client can understand
· Working together to create sustainable solutions, which support and empower your client to take action
· All of this is with the support of an Advice Quality Supervisor
· Full, comprehensive training is given
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Citizens Advice Stevenage
We are an independent charity, and responsible for running our own affairs within agreed standards of our membership with the National Citizens Advice. We have 28 staff and 54 volunteers, a budget of over 600 thousand and operate out of one main office and three outreaches in Stevenage.