Volunteer Communications and Marketing Assistant
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/resolve-onlineorgvolunteering/opportunities/Volunteer-Communications-and-Marketing-Assistant/64541 to join
SummaryCould you help our vital charity to communicate the services we offer and share our story?
Resolve is a drug and alcohol treatment service that supports people with alcohol / substance misuse issues. This includes supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
We run 3 main services:
- Providing Adult Drug & Alcohol Structured Treatment delivering abstinence based services, from our centres in Welwyn and Letchworth.
- Resolve’s Crisis Homeless Project, Restart provides homeless solutions and support services for people who are street homeless, sleeping rough, sofa surfing or at immediate risk of homelessness.
- SPARKS Community Café which supports the local community through our “Pay What You Can” Café and food pantry with support from Ocado.
The new CEO, Laura Hyde, is keen to enhance our communication and marketing to ensure that:
- People who would benefit from Resolve know how to contact us and get help
- We can recruit the best staff and volunteers
- Local partners know how to refer onto us
- Residents know that we are a local charity and rely on fundraising and donations to provide our services.
We are looking for a talented Volunteer Communications and Marketing Assistant to join our team and work directly with the CEO on our communication, marketing and branding.
We are looking for someone who could give on average 12-16 hours per month. The majority of the work can be carried out remotely and around your existing commitments.
Benefits of volunteering
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills, gain experience of working for a charity and enhance your CV. It is also a chance to give back to the local community, connect with others and improve your wellbeing. Regular support and task meetings will take place with the CEO either in-person or remotely. Resolve will reimburse all reasonable travel and parking expenses.
Whilst the work will be varied, the main duties include; helping to design, layout, and print documents, social media, information materials and promotional merchandise.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Design and implementation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - experience of previous communication, marketing or publicity work is desirable
- Good IT skills, with an understanding of social media
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Friendly and approachable with the confidence to advise on best practice
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Flexibility and ability to use time effectively
- A commitment to the work of Resolve