Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/resolve-onlineorgvolunteering/opportunities/Treasurer/71642 to join
SummaryWe want to recruit a new Treasurer to provide financial oversight and support the CEO with financial reporting, budgeting and compliance.
Whilst this role is voluntary, the position is an integral part of the organisation as the Treasurer is also a Trustee and will participate in all Trustee discussions and decisions. The Board of Trustees meet up to 6 times per year but communicate regularly via email at other times. You will ensure that the organisation’s financial practices are reviewed regularly to safeguard its financial position and have the enthusiasm to move the charity forward.
The Treasurer plays a crucial role in maintaining the financial health and transparency of Resolve and works closely with the CEO, the Bookkeeper and the other trustees.
Treasurer Key Responsibilities:
- Financial Oversight: Monitor and oversee the financial activities of the charity, ensuring sound financial management practices.
- Budgeting: Collaborate with the CEO and Bookkeeper to create and manage the charity's annual budget.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and present regular financial reports to the board of trustees, outlining the charity's financial position.
- Record Keeping: Ensure accurate financial records are kept and organised and accessible for audits or inspections.
- Banking: Oversee the charity's bank accounts.
- Compliance: Ensure the charity complies with all financial regulations, including tax laws and charity reporting requirements.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate financial risks, proposing strategies to safeguard the charity's assets.
- Investment Management: When applicable, oversee any investments / high interest accounts ensure they align with the organisation's mission and risk tolerance.
- Audit Preparation: Oversee the preparation of the financial documents and reports for external audit / independent examination, liaising with auditors as necessary.
Person Specification (in addition to those of a trustee):
- Financial experience – strategic and implementation. The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences and relate this to Resolve’s risk profile. An ability to engage effectively in financial strategy and funding relationships (ideally an understanding of the principles of charitable fundraising and financial governance).
- Knowledge of preparing and comparing annual budgets.
- Understanding of payroll and Inland Revenue returns for Companies House and Charities Commission.
- Ability to present financial information clearly.
- Experience of charity finances and experience of scrutinising accounts (desirable).