Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Young-Enterprise/opportunities/Business-Volunteer/68953 to join
SummaryOur amazing Business Volunteers inspire and support young people to set up and run a real business. This hands-on and highly impactful role involves mentoring a
Why we want you
Our amazing Business Volunteers inspire and support young people to set up and run a real business as part of our Company, Team and Startup programmes. This hands-on and highly impactful role involves mentoring and encouraging students to face the challenges of running a business, and the inevitable setbacks this entails, in a safe space to apply their learning to the real world.
What you will be doing
- Coaching, mentoring, and positively challenging a group of young people running their own business
- Being a supportive and encouraging role model
- Attending regular company meetings within the school environment
- Keeping a group of students on track and supporting them with more complicated tasks ie. Opening a business bank account.
The skills you need
- Patient, encouraging and open-minded
- Comfortable in the presence of young people (but no specific experience is necessary)
- Able to commit to attending regular face to face student company meetings within a school
- Able to communicate appropriately with young people
- Open to learning new things, to challenge and in turn be challenged
- Comfortable in the use of basic IT as the role involves using our online platform for Company Programme
- (Volunteers do not necessarily need experience of running a business in order to enjoy and make a big impact in this role.)
What's in it for you
- Satisfaction of supporting young people to grow in confidence, learn new skills and achieve their potential
- Develop your professional skills in mentoring, facilitation and communication
- Volunteering alongside a group of young people will challenge you to think differently and approach problems from a new perspective
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About Young Enterprise
Through our hands-on employability, enterprise and financial education programmes, resources and teacher training, we aim to reduce youth unemployment, help young people realise their potential beyond education and empower a generation to learn, to work and to live.