Woodoaks Farm is owned by The Soil Association. Our aim is to build an organic sustainable and thriving landscape, farmed in harmony with nature that will ultimately provide good food and livelihoods ...
Winter Hedge Planting at Woodoaks Farm
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Woodoaks-Farm/opportunities/Winter-Hedge-Planting-at-Woodoaks-Farm/72600 to join
SummaryVolunteer at Woodoaks Farm in Maple Cross. Take part in phase III of our hedge restoration project. Morning and afternoon sessions run 10-12 and 1-3pm.
Woodoaks Farm is owned by The Soil Association & based in Maple Cross, Herts.
In 2020 we embarked on a series of projects to restore the farm's natural landscape to reverse the decline in nature & improve the land as a green & open space for the local community to enjoy.
Over the past two years 200 community volunteers have helped us to plant over 2 kilometres of hedges that will form part of this transformed landscape. Watch the video below to see how previous volunteers enjoyed it!
This November we commence phase III of our in hedgerow restoration project, which will see a further 750meters of whips and saplings planted over a 4 day period.
- WED & THU 29 & 30 NOVEMBER - Morning and Afternoon Sessions available.
- FRI 2 DECEMBER - Morning and afternoon Sessions available.
- SAT 1 DECEMBER ***Special COMMUNITY hedge planting - includes lunch *** - Morning session only.
TIMINGS: Morning Sessions: 10-12 Midday. Afternoon Sessions 1-3pm (exc Saturday)
WHERE: Woodoaks Farm, Denham Way, Maple Cross. Herts WD3 9XQ. Junction 17 M25.
POSITIVE BENEFITS: Great for Physical and Mental Wellbeing and (of course) meeting other super humans like yourself!
FREE & OPEN TO ALL. Schools, individuals, families and businesses. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Please register to confirm you attendance.
THE HEDGEROWS YOU HELP TO PLANT WILL:-
- Protect Wildlife.
- Increase Biodiversity.
- Improve & protect the soil.
- Combat Climate change.
You can volunteer for any number of sessions across the 4 days.
- No previous experience is necessary. You will be working with rangers or expert volunteers who will give you all the training and guidance you need. We will provide all tools. We also provide gloves but you may also wish to bring your own.
- Refreshments, toilets and parking available on site.
- We will plant in all weathers. Please ensure that you wear robust footwear & wrap up with lots of layers. The Farm is quite exposed and we want you to stay comfortable.