Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Walk-The-Walk-Family-Support-Service-CIC/opportunities/Allotment-Volunteer/68839 to join
SummaryWe are seeking a volunteer to help maintain the company allotment so that it can be used in support of families in Crisis
We work with parents and children. For the purpose of this role, the individual would work with adults and children.
Would you like to join our project and help with the renovation of our allotment in Ware? We are looking for volunteers to help us cultivate our allotment. Gardening has been proven to have therapeutic benefits by reducing isolation and improving wellbeing, encouraging people to get outside and connect with nature.
We are looking to provide a safe local space for parents, children and other clients to access an outside space and help cultivate local produce.
The role would involve maintaining and cultivating the allotment in line with the company plan to support its’ client base and visitors to the allotment.
As part of the company, you will be asked to receive clients to the allotment where such sessions have been pre-arranged. You will ensure each visitor to the allotment has an enjoyable visit, can contribute safely to the use and cultivation of the allotment.
You will help maintain the safety of the allotment, including maintaining the tools and materials provided.
The Volunteer must read, sign, and agree to WTWFSS’s values and behaviours and policies and procedures which will be provided at the point of induction.
The Volunteer will be offered a suite of training free of charge by WTWFSS to help build up their portfolio of knowledge and skills.
The Volunteer will receive supervision as a member of WTWFSS’s team.
Accountability and Reporting
The Volunteer will report to the company office remotely.
The Volunteer will be responsible for the upkeep and safe use of the allotment when present.
The Volunteer will leave the allotment in a safe state when finished their session.
The Volunteer will ensure any tools and equipment are safely stored where such storage and equipment are provided.
The Volunteer will report all safeguarding concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations particularly involving parents and children under stress
- Team worker
- Experience of gardening or an allotment
· We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We require you to understand and demonstrate this commitment
- Enhanced DBS Check and must be enrolled on DBS update service (WTW will undertake the Enhanced check and meet for the cost of this for the duration of your voluntary activities only)
- 2 references (ideally previous employers, or personal referee contact details, whom WTW can approach for a written reference)
- Satisfactory interview (including review of CV)
- Valid Clean Driving Licence
- Access to your own car
Key attributes required:
- Ability to recognise when to escalate and signpost onto WTW Management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the safe working practices that apply to this role.
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and well-being of children and young people