Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/The-Gifted-Organisation/opportunities/Trustee/60646 to join
SummaryThe Gifted is looking for new trustees who are enthusiastic and driven to ensure there are services available for young vulnerable people experiencing barriers
Role Title: Trustees
Number of hours: Initially for first 3 months, 3hours a month and then 1-2 hours a month. In addition board meetings are once a quarter
The Gifted are charity focussing on children and young people who are affected by disadvantage. This includes those in care, leaving care or custody, at risk of exclusion, young parents, survivors and those experiencing domestic abuse or sexual exploitation, and those at risk of offending, exclusion or sexual exploitation, as well as those young people who are showing signs that they are not reaching their full potential due to self esteem and self confidence issues. We deliver a range of programmes in schools and colleges
The Gifted is looking for new trustees who are enthusiastic and driven to ensure there are services available for young vulnerable people experiencing barriers to self-fulfilment.
All potential trustees are welcome and we are looking for particular skills detailed below:
1) Digital Media and Marketing – working with our team and freelance marketing coordinator to:
· help us design and implement a digital strategy for our organisation to enable young people to flourish.
· work alongside other trustees and management to introduce digital solutions across the charity and help us tell our story effectively and engagingly via digital media.
· support the charity’s aims and objectives and bring expertise in website development and marketing content for the benefit of young people and their families.
· support and shape our work and strategic direction, as well as help us achieve our purpose to strengthen relationships and wellbeing of young people as part of the board of trustees
· Run some workshops with young people to enable them to understand and implement the digital marketing strategy - this can be optional.
2) Finance – oversee the financial affairs of The Gifted
· Oversee the financial affairs of The Gifted and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
· Review the book keeping by the Finance Assistant on a quarterly basis
· Review the current financial procedures and provide feedback and process improvements to provide more efficient and robust processes.
· Work with the Trustees and with relevant staff and trustees to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
· Work with the Board to make them aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
· Lead on liaising with the independent examiner and signing off the year end accounts
· Note: An accountant is in place that manages payroll, HMRC payment calculations and end of year accounts.
3) HR – oversee policy and procedures are in place and adhered to
· Work with the relevant Gifted Staff members to ensure our policies and procedures are up to date and relevant
· Advise on process improvements and controls that could be implemented to ensure the Gifted are legally and ethically fulfilling their responsibilities
· Act as point of contact on the Board of Trustees on HR matters.
We are looking for an individual with the following skills and experience:
· a passion for ensuring young people have access to support and opportunities regardless of their background
· ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
· strong communicator
· ability to analyse risks and opportunities, and take a balanced approach to both.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About The Gifted Organisation
We support vulnerable and marginalised young people in Hertfordshire, North London and Essex with preventative and supportive interventions.
We run interactive workshops and creative projects in schools and colleges. We enable participants to develop transferable skills whilst enabling them to improve their emotional and mental wellbeing,