Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Sue-Ryder8/opportunities/Bedroom-Organiser/70618 to join
SummaryWe are looking for someone to support residents to personalise their bedrooms in any way that makes it special and homely for them.
As a Volunteer with Sue Ryder you’ll be helping provide incredible care to people with life-limiting illness and their families and carers. It’s so important that all our residents have a personal space that really feels like their own. We are looking for someone to support
residents to personalise their bedrooms in any way that makes it special and homely for them.
Activities in the role will include:
- Helping personalise each room to the residents taste
- Maintaining the bedroom, ensuring the room is looking tidy and comfortable
- Organising bedroom draws and wardrobe
- Enjoying social interaction with each resident
How often we’d like your support
Ideally we hope you’d volunteer at least a couple of hours per week, however all our roles are flexible and times should be agreed with your local centre.
The skills and experience you’ll need for this role
You will need to:
- Be engaging and able to motivate others to join in.
- Be reliable and professional.
- Have a warm, friendly, adaptable, caring approach.
- Be able to work within personal and organisational boundaries.
- Be well-organised, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
What you can expect from us
We want to provide a volunteering environment that is inclusive, stimulating, friendly and supportive. As part of our commitment to you we will:
● Make sure you have all the training you need in your role
● Ensure you are appreciated and respected
● Provide you with regular support in a way that suits you
● Ask for your feedback and provide opportunities for you to help shape our future
● Celebrate your successes and recognise your contribution
● Resolve any concerns or complaints promptly and fairly
● Ensure you have a clear idea of what your involves
● Reimburse any out of pocket travel expenses
Some of the benefits to you
● Make new friends and feel connected
● Build your confidence and improve your wellbeing
● Enhance your CV and gain written references for prospective employers
● Help change lives and support your local community
Join a team that celebrates diversity and individual differences
Additional information about volunteering
In addition to the specific duties and responsibilities outlined in this profile, all Sue Ryder volunteers should be aware of their specific responsibilities:
● Demonstrating a commitment to undergoing relevant checks, ongoing training and
following all Sue Ryder policies and procedures.
● Adhering to all health and safety and fire regulations and to cooperate with the Charity
in maintaining good standards of health and safety.
● Promoting a positive attitude towards diversity and inclusion within the Charity.
● Demonstrating a commitment to Sue Ryder’s aims, objectives, core values and
● All volunteers are expected to understand their duties and responsibilities relating to
data protection. They should familiarise themselves with the Sue Ryder Data Protection policy and complete any related training requested of them