Volunteer Refuge Beauty Therapist
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Safer-Places/opportunities/Volunteer-Refuge-Beauty-Therapist/49309 to join
SummaryWe are looking for volunteers to provide a service for our clients in Safer Places refuge on an adhoc basic.
Currently recruiting in the Cheshunt area.
- To provide a professional service to Safer Places clients, helping to promote their self-esteem after experiencing domestic abuse.
- Offer beauty tips and tricks of things the clients might be able to do for themselves.
- Provide a safe and relaxing environment for clients to enjoy.
- Have an overview understanding of domestic abuse and the impact it has.
- Volunteer Beauty Therapists must have proof of the relevant professional training qualifications.
- The Volunteer Beauty Therapist must be able to supply proof of their own Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Maintain and demonstrate a commitment to the Organisation’s vision and values, and strategic aims and objectives.
- Working in accordance with Safer Places policies and procedures.
- Act in a professional manner at all times, maintaining appropriate relationships with clients whilst setting out clear boundaries.
- Attend the required Safer Places volunteer induction and carry-out the training necessary for the role.
- Good listening skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Respect for confidentially and a non-judgmental approach.
- Ensuring that any issues in relation to safeguarding children or at-risk adults are brought to the immediate attention of the Safeguarding Lead.
Subject to DBS and reference checks.
Volunteers will be asked to wear a face mask on site and provide a negative LFT before arriving on site.
Safer Places asks that applicants for this volunteer role are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless medically exempt.