Retail and Trading Van Driver Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Rennie-Grove-Hospice-Care/opportunities/Retail-and-Trading-Van-Driver-Volunteer/76819 to join
SummaryYou will be driving one of our fleet of Rennie Grove Peace charity vehicles delivering and collecting goods to and from the distribution centre in Berkhamsted
Purpose of this role
The van drivers are a key element of our Retail and Trading operation. They ensure that both new and donated items are moved between our shops, Ecommerce centre and R&T hub to ensure that we maximise the income we can generate for the benefit of our patients and their families. They provide key support to our fast-moving retail environment, where no two days are the same.
· you will be driving one of our fleet of Rennie Grove Peace charity vehicles
· delivering and collecting goods to and from the distribution centre in Berkhamsted
· handling and moving donated clothes and items in bags and boxes
What are we looking for?
· experience of driving a transit van or similar type vehicle is desirable
· you must be 18 years or over and have a full driving licence
· an ability to move and handle heavy boxes and bags around the distribution centre and our shops and in and out of the delivery vehicle
· someone who is personable and polite as in this role you will be representing Rennie Grove Peace in the community
· someone who is sociable and will enjoy engaging with our retail teams, both staff and fellow volunteers
About Rennie Grove Peace Hospice Care
Our support begins as soon as it is needed – whether that is at the point of diagnosis, or when a symptom or support need arises. Our patients are supported to live the best quality of life they can through the combination of outpatient, rehabilitation and supportive care services, Hospice at Home and inpatient care that is right for them.
We are also here for those around our patients, including family, friends and carers, ensuring that everyone can receive the right support, wherever and whenever they need it.
Our care is provided at no cost to our patients and families and is made possible by the generous donations we receive from our local community.