Remap Hertfordshire South is a branch of Remap, a national charity that provides custom-made equipment for disabled people. Our skilled volunteers provide innovative, practical solutions to everyday ...
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Remap-Hertforshire-South/opportunities/MakerEngineer/47591 to join
SummaryWould you like to use your practical skills and ingenuity to make equipment to help people with disabilities live more independent lives.
What the role involves
This role may vary depending on local needs, but is likely to include:
· Designing and making pieces of equipment for individuals with specific needs
· Using your practical skills working with one or more of: Metal, wood, plastic, or electronics
· Attending a monthly meeting of the local branch.
We can support you to develop the skills you need for this role, including an induction into all the areas outlined. You will have a chance to discuss your role and any additional needs with us.
What you need for this role
· Practical experience in working with one of the above materials
· Able to listen well, to understand someone’s needs.
· Able to follow Remap policies and procedures
· Able to understand and apply our risk management system
· Able to apply disability, equality, and inclusion practices
· Able to keep people’s personal details safe
· Access to your own tools and workshop (or can access theses)
· Able to drive or have good transport links
· Committed to our values
· Enjoy working as part of a team
· Willing to develop skills and experience