Volunteer Support - Afghan Resettlement Scheme
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/One-YMCA/opportunities/Volunteer-Support---Afghan-Resettlement-Scheme/50748 to join
SummaryLeading an activity for our Afghan refugee resettlement scheme in Watford, or for residents in our Welwyn/Hatfield hostels.
· Setting up and running an activity/course/workshop to support with developing our resident's skills
· Planning and leading the group in weekly bitesize sessions with various topics .
· Proactively engaging with Residents and Staff to encourage participation in the course and managing any workshop assistants
· Maintaining records of participation & feedback
· Attend regular volunteer team meetings
We are looking for someone who is:
· Self-motivated, reliable, punctual and organised
· Be of a friendly, welcoming and cheerful disposition
· Sensitivity and courage to work with distressed or anxious people
· Good communication skills
· A willingness to learn new things and get stuck in
· Ability to lead a team or willingness to learn
· Proficient in the use of computers including Microsoft Office Packages i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
A full induction to the service and specific site will be provided including:
· A menu of optional training will be made available
· Online training: Safeguarding (adults & young people), Health & Safety, GDPR, Equality & Diversity
· Ongoing support and regular 1:1 meetings with your line-manager
· Team meetings and social events
· Mileage and expenses may be payable
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About One YMCA
We deliver a range of programmes and services that tackle the issues facing local people such as homelessness, family support and wellbeing. We offer opportunities for young people, from apprenticeships to work experience and childcare to youth clubs.
We work with all ages, faiths and backgrounds, as part of a global network of 14,000 YMCAs.
We have served the communities in Hertfordshire for 135 years and we reach 1000’s of people each day.