East Herts Family Centres - Community Ambassador
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/One-YMCA/opportunities/East-Herts-Family-Centres---Community-Ambassador/68321 to join
SummaryCommunity Ambassador Volunteers needed across East Herts Family Centre Service
Community Ambassador Volunteer – As an FSS Volunteer Ambassador you will be supporting the Family Centre vision by attending sessions/ groups/local parent & Toddler groups in the community/events with your child and sharing information on the Family Centre Services, maintaining the link between the Family Centre and the community. This is a flexible opportunity that can be worked around family life/local groups/and events running.
Flexible role across East Herts
Choice of locations
Times - Flexible
Main Tasks could include:
- Maintaining the connection between the Family Centre Service and act as a liaison between our service and families/the community.
- Regularly attend FSS groups and/or local Parent & Toddler groups in the community to signpost to and share information about the FSS service.
- Keeping up to date with the Family Support Service programme and share with families or groups.
- Encourage and support families to register with the service.
- Share your positive experiences of using the services and signpost families where appropriate.
- Share information of relevant topics such as early years, two-year funding or new courses and workshops we run with partners.
- Share social media content.
- Encourage families to sign up to the FSS newsletter and follow us on social media platforms.
- Joining in at all groups and role modelling to others with your own child(ren).
- To promote YMCA Family Centre values & ethos.
FSS Groups includes:
- Meet and greet families upon arrival at the centre, ensuring all families feel valued and welcome and helping them to feel comfortable in the sessions.
- Help with set up and tidying e.g., setting up tables and chairs (light duties)
- Support the work of the FSS staff by explaining what happens in the sessions and getting all families to sign in on arrival.
- Engaging with families throughout the session
- Helping with surveys, feedback, and child voice.
- Will be given particular roles within the sessions.
- There are also opportunities to support FSS events in centres and within the community throughout the year.
- Will be given particular roles at events.
- Tasks may include some of those listed above.
- Other tasks agreed from discussion.
- Championing the Family Centre through feedback, taking part in marketing campaigns. Activities may include case studies, photo shoots, filming and events.
This is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference and give back to the local community.
Skills, Experience and Qualities needed:
- Aged 18 or over.
- Willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
- You need to have a friendly approach.
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- The ability to work well in a team and unsupervised.
- Training provided prior to starting role.
- Full induction into the service
- Ongoing support and supervision throughout role.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About One YMCA
We deliver a range of programmes and services that tackle the issues facing local people such as homelessness, family support and wellbeing. We offer opportunities for young people, from apprenticeships to work experience and childcare to youth clubs.
We work with all ages, faiths and backgrounds, as part of a global network of 14,000 YMCAs.
We have served the communities in Hertfordshire for 135 years and we reach 1000’s of people each day.