Administrative Volunteers (Signpost and Herts ISVA)
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/One-YMCA/opportunities/Administrative-Volunteers-Signpost-and-Herts-ISVA/61014 to join
SummaryTo provide the Signpost Counselling and Herts ISVA team with administrative duties in order to support with day to day running of the services.
· Meeting and greeting visitors to the office
· Monitoring and answering the office telephone line in a friendly and professional manner, assisting with queries and taking messages where appropriate
General office duties including word-processing, photocopying, filing and mailing.
· To help maintain stationery supplies and office sundries.
· To support the organisation with volunteering/family/public events.
· Assisting with hospitality for visitors to the office.
· Assisting the staff team in maintaining efficient, accurate and confidential records.
We are looking for:
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Be of a friendly, welcoming and approachable disposition
· Reliable and punctual
· Team player with a flexible approach
· Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft packages
· Be proactive and work on your own initiative
· Good organisational skills with a willingness to learn
· Able to maintain complete discretion when handling confidential information
Respect the ethos of the organisation and uphold its values
You will get:
· A full induction to Signpost will be provided
· Requirement to complete mandatory online training
· A menu of optional training will also be made available
· Ongoing support and regular 1:1 meetings with the volunteer manager
· Opportunities to attend team meetings and events
Requirement to complete a monthly hours form
You will need to undergo a DBS and 2 x referees required.
About One YMCA
We deliver a range of programmes and services that tackle the issues facing local people such as homelessness, family support and wellbeing. We offer opportunities for young people, from apprenticeships to work experience and childcare to youth clubs.
We work with all ages, faiths and backgrounds, as part of a global network of 14,000 YMCAs.
We have served the communities in Hertfordshire for 135 years and we reach 1000’s of people each day.