Activity Volunteer - Housing based
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/One-YMCA/opportunities/Activity-Volunteer---Housing-based/52052 to join
SummaryLeading an activity that helps our residents to grow in body, mind or spirit!
Leading an activity that helps our residents to grow in body, mind or spirit. Responsibilities include:
• Planning and advertising the group - we can be flexible with what you would like to support with, whether its a drop-in coffee and chat or a board games night or even a CV skills workshop!
• Proactively engaging with Residents and Staff to encourage participation in the activity
• Organising and running the activity, managing any Activity Assistants as appropriate
• Maintaining records of participation & feedback to the CVC
• Offering a non-judgemental ‘listening ear’ to Residents
• Signposting residents to other groups & support available
• Attend regular volunteer team meetings We can discuss together the nature of the activity, taking into account your skills & passion as well as the current needs within the scheme.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About One YMCA
We deliver a range of programmes and services that tackle the issues facing local people such as homelessness, family support and wellbeing. We offer opportunities for young people, from apprenticeships to work experience and childcare to youth clubs.
We work with all ages, faiths and backgrounds, as part of a global network of 14,000 YMCAs.
We have served the communities in Hertfordshire for 135 years and we reach 1000’s of people each day.