Assistant Treasurer Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/North-Herts-50-Plus/opportunities/Assistant-Treasurer-Volunteer/69533 to join
SummaryCould you make a difference to our organisation which is a lifeline to older people in North Herts? We are looking for a volunteer to support our treasurer.
NH50plus is a multi-cultural group for older people across North Hertfordshire which aims to combat social isolation. We do this by organising monthly forum meetings which are social get-togethers, open to all. We invite a guest speaker to talk about a topic of vital interest to older people. We also arrange low cost events and trips to local places of interest and to attractions further afield too. This service is a lifeline to those who do not usually get the opportunity to get out and about.
In order to keep the group running, it is vitally important that we keep our accounts up to date so that we are complying with legal requirements and operating transparently.
Therefore we are looking for a volunteer who can support our Treasurer in keeping track of our financial affairs.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Reporting to the committee on the the groups financial position
- Ensuring regular monitoring of our income and expenditure
- Streamlining budgeting processes
- Contributing new ideas to our existing management systems
- Supporting with any other treasury duties
In return for your time, we can offer you:
- A friendly community
- New connections
- The feel good factor
- A chance to learn new skills
- The opportunity to attend low cost outings with food, transport and entertainment included
If you feel passionately about helping a local organisation that supports elderly people to live well then please get in touch.