Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Noahs-Ark-Childrens-Hospice/opportunities/Home-Support-Volunteer/55991 to join
SummaryIf you would like to partner with a family and support them in a way that's right for them, you could be the perfect Home Support Volunteer.
Becoming a Home Support Volunteer is a serious commitment but it provides a rewarding opportunity to directly support children with life-limiting/ life threatening conditions and their families.
What the role involves:
The needs of individual families will differ, but each Home Support role will be agreed in advance between the family, Noah’s Ark, and the volunteer. The role might involve playing with siblings and Noah's Ark children, sharing hobbies, accompanying families on outings, or even helping parents with housework like ironing or gardening.
Opportunities of the role:
• Gain rewarding experience of working directly with children, young people and their families
• Develop communication sensitivity skills with families in challenging circumstances
• Training and support to build new skills
• You are entitled to claim travelling expenses at the current mileage rate
Qualities/ experience/ skills needed:
• Experience of working with children, young people or families is desirable but not essential. We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds with all sorts of skills.
• Ability to work well with others and able to follow instructions and be part of a team
• A good understanding of the role and of Noah’s Ark’s expectations of volunteers
• Good communication skills
• Reliability, commitment and engagement
• A good level of self-awareness
Time Commitment: Volunteers usually commit to visiting a family once a week or fortnight for around 1-2 hours (depending on the needs of the family and the volunteer's availability). It is hoped that volunteers can commit to supporting a family for a minimum of 12 months.
Location: We are currently looking for volunteers willing to travel to the following areas: Edgware, Harrow, Tottenham, Enfield, Wood Green, Islington, Hampstead and Hendon.