Website/WordPress Volunteer - (work from home or Hitchin office)
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/MCS-Aware/opportunities/WebsiteWordPress-Volunteer---work-from-home-or-Hitchin-office/64705 to join
SummaryWebsite volunteer - WordPress
We provide information and support to thousands of people in the UK and worldwide suffering from chemical, food and electro-sensitivities.
Would you like to do something for your community using your existing WordPress skills? Would you like to do something for charity and gain the experience of working within a charity? Perhaps you know what its like to have a chronic illness and want to help?
You will be our point of contact if we have queries with our new WordPress website. We have a community message forum and memberships via PayPal on the site. You will be updating the back end of the site (plugins etc) when required and making any small amendments. You would be using your skills to gain small charity experience and really helping support our service to people with chemical sensitivities.
You could do this from home or at our Hitchin office from time to time whatever suits you best and the hours can be flexible month to month. We're looking for someone who can commit to volunteer for us long term, or a minimum of 6 months. However there is no huge demand on time, a few hours a month would probably be the maximum requirement.
Volunteer Summary/Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintain charity’s website using WordPress. We have PayPal memberships on the site and a community forum powered by BBPress.
- Ensures that service is stable, effective to use, up-to-date, and properly maintained.
- Troubleshoot queries from website users and charity staff. Maintain web pages and multimedia design using appropriate applications.
- Serve as contact regarding web site maintenance and enhancements. Investigates web site issues and coordinates resolutions.
- Oversees implementation of major site-wide upgrades.
- Maintains technical expertise in web design tools and acts as technical resource for WordPress
Minimum Qualifications/ experience
- Experience in web production and in web tool usage and support which includes web design, graphic design or visual arts experience or training.
- Knowledge of: Programming languages such as HTML, Java Script, Perl
- Ability to: Recognise and resolve system-related problems; communicate technical and complex information both in oral and written form; effectively organize and prioritize issues with minimum guidance and direction.
Please complete our WordPress volunteer form in the 'forms' section to apply.
About MCS Aware
Besides reacting to things like cleaning products, shampoo, perfumes and pesticides, many sufferers are also sensitive to food, medicines, moulds and electromagnetic fields.
We set up our membership subscription as the most effective way to help people with MCS cope and start recovery. We provide information and support to thousands of people in the UK and worldwide suffering from chemical, food and electro-sensitivities.