Retail Volunteer - Hemel Hempstead
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Keech-Hospice-Care/opportunities/Retail-Volunteer---Hemel-Hempstead/50516 to join
SummaryOur Volunteers are at the heart of the day to day running of our shops. We thank you for your time given to the charity.
Our Volunteers are at the heart of the day to day running of our shops. We thank you for your time given to the charity. The shops provide much needed income to provide nursing care for our patients. Our purpose is to care for our patients and to support their families and friends. Whilst aiming to provide the most efficient and provide appropriate care, both physically and emotionally in their home or at the Hospice.
Tasks may include:
• Welcome, assist and serve our customers in a warm and friendly way providing a good standard of customer service.
• Ensure Gift Aid is explained clearly and promoted to all our donors, and thanking them for their valuable contribution.
• Promote public understanding of our work and the importance of raising funds, including promoting Hospice events and activities to the public.
• Help sort, steam, hang and display our donated stock and rotate the stock following the Manager’s guidelines.
• Deal with customer purchases, confidently process the cash handling and the accurate operation of the till.
Skills and Qualities:
• Honest, trustworthy and respectful.
• Enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
• Good communication and numeracy skills.
• Presenting and maintaining shop displays in an attractive way to help create sales.
• Reliable, committed, dependable and flexible.
• Enjoy interacting with the customers and working as part of team, as well as under your own initiative.
• Ongoing support, training and development opportunities.
• Specific relevant training – Health & Safety, Fire Safety and Equality and Diversity.
• On site training.
• Develop new skills and meet new people.
• Well presented smart/casual appearance and appropriate comfortable shoes to be worn.
• Volunteer badge to be worn.
Time, commitment and availability can be discussed and agreed by the Shop Manager.
Where possible to be able and committed to work four hours a week i.e. 9-1pm, 1-5pm