We provide welfare facilities for persons fifty years and over resident in Letchworth, and also provide educational, physical and mental recreation and other activities deemed to be beneficial to the ...
Volunteer in the office at our daycare centre
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Howard-Garden-Social-and-Day-Care-Centre/opportunities/Volunteer-in-the-office-at-our-daycare-centre/49064 to join
SummaryWe're looking for volunteers to help organise the office at this friendly lunch club and community hub for the elderly of North Herts
The purpose of the Centre is to provide food and friendship – via services such as a lunch club, and a range of tailored social activities - to overcome social isolation in the older members of the North Hertfordshire population.
A free hot meal is available for all volunteers at the centre during the lunch club!
Other reasons to volunteer with us:
- This is a role that will allow you to learn how a small charity is run, which provides you with an opportunity to make a real difference in your community.
- It will help you to build your confidence and organisational skills, by contributing to the smooth running of the office.
- You’ll feel a sense of purpose by helping to run a Centre for those at risk of social isolation.
- This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in developing their office and computer based skills, and gain some new experience for your CV.
Typical daily activities include:
- welcoming the members and other visitors to the centre
- answering calls and messages, managing the centre email address
- keeping the clients database and records up to date
- signing off petty cash, and recording it
- managing/recording volunteer and staff holidays
- transport admin, such as bookings on the daily bus service
- potentially also help to shape the website and advertising