Volunteer at our lunch club for the elderly
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Howard-Garden-Social-and-Day-Care-Centre/opportunities/Volunteer-at-our-lunch-club-for-the-elderly/49063 to join
SummaryWe're looking for volunteers to help run this friendly lunch club, and help support a variety of activities for the elderly of North Herts
The purpose of the Centre is to provide food and friendship – via services such as a lunch club, and a range of tailored social activities - to overcome social isolation in the older members of the North Hertfordshire population.
A free hot meal is available for all volunteers at the centre during the lunch club!
Other reasons to volunteer with us:
- This is a sociable and supportive role, which provides you with an opportunity to make a real difference in your community.
- It can help build your confidence and create meaningful relationships with those at risk of social isolation.
- This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in health and social care who would like to gain some experience.
Typical daily activities include:
- Befriending and talking with the members
- Making teas and coffees
- Helping organise the members for their sit-down hot meal at lunchtime
- Running activities with the members, such as social games or quizzes
- Assisting with light exercise, for example seated fitness classes