We provide welfare facilities for persons fifty years and over resident in Letchworth, and also provide educational, physical and mental recreation and other activities deemed to be beneficial to the ...
Volunteer at our lunch club for the elderly
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Howard-Garden-Social-and-Day-Care-Centre/opportunities/Volunteer-at-our-lunch-club-for-the-elderly/49063 to join
SummaryWe're looking for volunteers to help run this friendly lunch club, and help support a variety of activities for the elderly of North Herts
The purpose of the Centre is to provide food and friendship – via services such as a lunch club, and a range of tailored social activities - to overcome social isolation in the older members of the North Hertfordshire population.
A free hot meal is available for all volunteers at the centre during the lunch club!
Other reasons to volunteer with us:
- This is a sociable and supportive role, which provides you with an opportunity to make a real difference in your community.
- It can help build your confidence and create meaningful relationships with those at risk of social isolation.
- This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in health and social care who would like to gain some experience.
Typical daily activities include:
- Befriending and talking with the members
- Making teas and coffees
- Helping organise the members for their sit-down hot meal at lunchtime
- Running activities with the members, such as social games or quizzes
- Assisting with light exercise, for example seated fitness classes