We provide welfare facilities for persons fifty years and over resident in Letchworth, and also provide educational, physical and mental recreation and other activities deemed to be beneficial to the ...
Volunteer as a Trustee at our friendly charity
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Howard-Garden-Social-and-Day-Care-Centre/opportunities/Volunteer-as-a-Trustee-at-our-friendly-charity/49065 to join
SummaryJoin us as a Trustee and help oversee the running of the Howard Garden Social and Day Care Centre and the charity associated with it.
The purpose of the Centre is to provide food and friendship – via services such as a lunch club, and a range of tailored social activities - to overcome social isolation in the older members of the North Hertfordshire population.
Reasons to volunteer with us:
- This is a role that will allow you to learn how a small charity is run, which provides you with an opportunity to make a real difference in your community.
- It gives you the opportunity to acquire Trustee skills that can be transferred to other charities or community groups
- You will also learn about the way services that support social inclusion of the elderly are delivered in your area - and even have the opportunity to try out new ideas for improving those services.
- You will meet new people, and gain new skills through the many tasks involved in organizing a social centre located in the heart of Letchworth.
- You can get involved with fundraising and securing grants, and being a visible part of a valued charity in your local community
We're looking for a wide mix of skills from people who wish to join our Board of Trustees. The following skills would be very welcome: HR and recruitment; finance and accounting; IT skills; running the website, social media and publicity, fundraising skills; charity law.
Typical activities include:
- Regularly attending the board meetings, usually held at the Centre in the evenings.
- Once a year to take part in the AGM, to update the members on the charity's activities and steer its future.
- Whatever best fits your specialist skills - we try to match your area of activity with your knowledge and interests.