Community Protection Volunteer District Coordinator
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Hertfordshire-Fire-and-Rescue/opportunities/Community-Protection-Volunteer-District-Coordinator/68381 to join
SummaryAre you passionate about community safety and looking to make a difference in your local area?
We are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for the role of Community Protection Volunteer District Coordinator. (Two positions – Dacorum and St Albans / Hertsmere and Welwyn Hatfield) This role offers a chance to take on a leadership position and be the single point of contact between the service, volunteers and the Volunteer Support Officer/Youth and Volunteers Manager.
As a Volunteer Coordinator, you will play a vital role in ensuring an effective volunteer resource and coordinating the activities of up to 5 team leaders. Your responsibilities will include motivating and bringing together team leaders and volunteers, coordinating their work, and ensuring they are up to date with relevant information. You will attend regular meetings with the Community Safety Coordinator and Station Commander, arrange meetings with team leaders, and act as a liaison between the volunteer team and station management.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Coordinating and motivating team leaders and volunteers.
- Providing necessary information to ensure a professional service to the public.
- Attending regular meetings with the Community Safety Coordinator and station manager.
- Arranging regular meetings with team leaders.
- Ensuring the welfare of the volunteer team and reporting any issues to the Volunteer Support Officer / Youth and Volunteers Manager.
- Recording volunteer activities and assessing performance.
- Monitoring volunteer welfare and ensuring suitable support is provided.
- Identifying training needs and assisting with training events.
- Being the single point of contact for volunteer call-out.
- Undertaking other tasks as agreed upon.
The role requires a minimum commitment of 8 hours per month, which can be flexible based on your availability. While previous team leader experience is preferred, we welcome candidates with transferrable skills and a passion for community engagement. Excellent communication skills, sensitivity, tact and the ability to motivate others are key qualities that we are seeking.