Hertfordshire County Council are working in collaboration with a collection of charities who are supporting Afghan families who have recently moved to the UK and are currently living in bridging ...
Swimming Coordination Volunteers - Watford
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Hertfordshire-County-Council-supporting-Afghan-families/opportunities/Swimming-Coordination-Volunteers---Watford/49660 to join
SummaryVolunteers are required every Friday evening from 6.45pm to 8.30pm to support families to attend swimming lessons.
Volunteers are urgently needed to support Afghan families living in bridging hotels near Watford so that they can access every day activities such as swimming.
This is a hugely rewarding opportunity which will make a difference to the lives of Afghan families as they integrate into our communities across Hertfordshire.
Swimming sessions take place every Friday evening from 6.45pm to 8.30pm. Volunteer tasks include:
- Taking a register of all family members present on the transportation
- Drive own vehicle independently to swim centre (5 minutes)
- To be a point of contact for the hotel liaison officer in case of any issues
- Ensuring families board the transportation ready to return to the hotel after their swim session
*Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and volunteers may be asked to support in other areas as deemed relevant by charity partners on the ground*
As a volunteer in this role you will need to:
- Problem solve and use your initiative
- Feel comfortable asking questions if necessary
- Be used to working with young people
- Be happy to sometimes take control
- Manage crowd control
Volunteers will be fully briefed on the requirements of this role by the Hotel Liaison Officer. Volunteers will be provided with contact details in case of any queries/ concerns.
Volunteer expenses will be reimbursed. Please ask the Hotel Liaison Officer for an expenses form which will need to be completed and submitted.
Swim sessions allow up to 30 people.
Any child under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a parent or someone aged 18 or over.