Hearing Dogs for Deaf People help deaf people leave loneliness behind and reconnect with life through our life-changing hearing dogs and personalised hearing support services.
We believe that nobody ...
Volunteer Puppy Training - Hertfordshire
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Hearing-Dogs-for-Deaf-People/opportunities/Volunteer-Puppy-Training---Hertfordshire/68648 to join
SummaryWe are looking for volunteers to help care for and train our puppies & young dogs to become clever hearing dogs and change a deaf person's life.
As a volunteer puppy trainer you will:
- Look after one of our adorable puppies or young dogs in your own home for anywhere between 6- 18 months at a time.
- Learn more about dog training and attend fun puppy classes.
- Have all food, bedding & equipment provided and all medical expenses, grooming & insurance are covered by Hearing Dogs.
- Meet like minded people and make new friends.
- Directly help deaf people leave loneliness behind and reconnect with life.
We require the following:
- A loving home with direct access to a safe and secure garden.
- Adequate time to dedicate to training a young dog on a daily basis, and attend our weekday daytime classes. This role is not suitable for full workers, or full time at-home workers. Part-time workers may be considered on an individual basis.
- A driver, with 24 hour access to a vehicle for training and emergency purposes.
- Access to a computer & video calling facilities are essential.
- Volunteers who are over 18.
- To live in one of our catchment areas; we cover the majority of Hertfordshire. Please let us know your full address & postcode when you get in touch.
You can find out more and apply via our website
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
We believe that nobody with hearing loss should feel alone. This is why we train highly skilled hearing dogs, that help deaf people by providing constant companionship, and alerting them to sounds. These can be life-saving sounds like the smoke alarm and intruder alarm, and other important sounds such as the oven timer and baby monitor. It’s also why we offer a wide range of personalised hearing support services that address the needs of individuals plus partners, family and friends, helping them to reconnect with life. This combination of practical assistance and emotional support is life-changing.