Hearing Dogs for Deaf People help deaf people leave loneliness behind and reconnect with life through our life-changing hearing dogs and personalised hearing support services.
We believe that nobody ...
Short term dog care - Hertfordshire
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Hearing-Dogs-for-Deaf-People/opportunities/Short-term-dog-care---Hertfordshire/69102 to join
SummaryWe are looking for volunteers to help with respite care for our young dogs whilst their main carer is on holiday or in the case of an emergency.
As a short term dog care volunteer you would:
- Get to care fo one of our gorgeous puppies, young dogs or other 'Hearing Dogs Family' dogs on a temporary basis.
- Have the opportunity to learn about dog-training.
- Have all food, bedding & equipment provided and all medical expenses, grooming & insurance are covered by Hearing Dogs.
- Meet like minded people and make new friends.
- Directly help deaf people leave loneliness behind and reconnect with life.
We require the following:
- A loving home with direct access to a safe and secure garden.
- A commitment to look after one of our dogs on a temporary basis for at least 4-5 days - a month at a time. This role is not suitable to full time workers, part-time and at-home workers may be considered on an individual basis.
- A driver, with 24 hour access to a vehicle for training and emergency purposes.
- Access to a computer & video calling facilities are essential.
- Volunteers who are over 18.
- To live in one of our catchment areas; we cover the majority of Hertfordshire. Please let us know your full address & postcode when you get in touch.
You can find out more and apply via our website
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
We believe that nobody with hearing loss should feel alone. This is why we train highly skilled hearing dogs, that help deaf people by providing constant companionship, and alerting them to sounds. These can be life-saving sounds like the smoke alarm and intruder alarm, and other important sounds such as the oven timer and baby monitor. It’s also why we offer a wide range of personalised hearing support services that address the needs of individuals plus partners, family and friends, helping them to reconnect with life. This combination of practical assistance and emotional support is life-changing.