HILS Hub Support Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/HILS/opportunities/HILS-Hub-Support-Volunteer/55591 to join
SummaryThis role is a key part of HILS Lunch Group, which is designed to improve the health and wellbeing of vulnerable adults.
The HILS Hub Support Volunteers will assist with these elements of the programme:
- Prepare the room for the group/activity
- Greet clients upon arrival
- Prepare teas and coffee’s, Water, and squash, throughout the day
- Serve food and drink choices during lunch hours
- Clean and sanitise areas
- Assist with games and quizzes throughout the day
- De-brief with the activity assistant at the beginning and end of the day
- Engage with clients throughout the day
(The debrief at the beginning should consist of the plan for the day, involving any client concerns and/or issues to be mindful of. The debrief at the end of the day should involve you handing over any relevant information before leaving – This should be done in the office, as confidential client information may be discussed)
We are particularly looking for volunteers who have the following attributes:
Enthusiasm; motivation; a desire to learn; experience working with elderly people (desirable not essential); active listening skills; reliability and punctuality; a non-judgmental outlook.
This is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference and give back to the local community.
A free hot meal and drink will be provided + complimentary tea/coffee and biscuits.