We are a social and therapeutic gardening project located across a number of growing sites in Letchworth. We work with vulnerable and lonely adults who may be long term unemployed or have special ...
Horticulture help volunteers
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Green-Care-at-Norton-CIC/opportunities/Horticulture-help-volunteers/66004 to join
SummaryWe are looking for volunteers who can support with the general maintenance of our gardening sites which enable vulnerable people to be involved in horticulture.
Horticulture help volunteers will enable us to run our sites smoothly so that we can support more vulnerable people to enjoy gardening.
This role would involve tasks such as:
- grounds maintenance
- tidying flower growing beds
- ensuring products are watered
- indoor planting and growing
- polytunnel and greenhouse management
- odd jobs e.g. maintenance / DIY
We are happy to take on multiple volunteers who are interested in different aspects of this role, you do not need to be able to do all of the above and we can provide training.
This role is open to those with mobility/ access needs. Our sites are accessible and we can purchase tools which enable those with particular needs to participate. We strive to be as inclusive as possible.
We also do both indoor and outdoor gardening so there is no need to get soaked in the rain!
As a volunteer, you will benefit from:
- A friendly, welcoming and supportive bunch of people
- Socials such as BBQs and breakfast clubs
- Beautiful locations out in nature
- Wellbeing benefits of fresh air and nature
- Increased understanding of horticulture
- Experience of growing high quality food following organic principles
- Out of pocket expenses paid where necessary