We are a social and therapeutic gardening project located across a number of growing sites in Letchworth. We work with vulnerable and lonely adults who may be long term unemployed or have special ...
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Green-Care-at-Norton-CIC/opportunities/Floristry-Volunteer/51442 to join
SummaryWe need someone who can help us develop our flower farm project which involves growing and preparing cut flowers for sale.
A floristry volunteer would enable us to develop our fairly new flower farm project.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to learn more about floristry or who is passionate about floristry already.
This role would involve tasks such as:
- planting and maintaining cut flower beds including flowers such as dahlias, chrysanthemums and other British types
- harvesting, preparation and assembling bunches for sale
- delivering the bunches to the shop ready for sale
- working alongside the admin volunteer to establish processes for the project
You do not need experience of all of these skills as we can provide full support and training.
As a volunteer, you will benefit from:
- A friendly, welcoming and supportive bunch of people
- Socials such as BBQs and breakfast clubs
- Beautiful locations out in nature
- Wellbeing benefits of fresh air and nature
- Increased understanding of horticulture
- Experience of growing high quality food following organic principles
- Out of pocket expenses paid where necessary