Primary School Governor
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Garden-City-Academy/opportunities/Primary-School-Governor/51982 to join
The purpose of governance is to provide confident, strategic leadership and to create robust accountability, oversight and assurance for educational and financial performance.
All boards have three core functions:
· Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
· Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
· Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
The role of a Local Governor and the Local Governing Board (LGB) within REAch2 Multi-Academy Trust is an important one. In developing our governance arrangements, the Trust Board has sought to ensure that the responsibility to govern is vested in those closest to the impact of decision making and that such responsibility matches the capacity of those assuming responsibility.
A governing body is made up of people with different skills, experience and qualities but we expect all governors to be able to:
· Work as a member of a team
· Show a proven ability to act within the framework of all policies and the code of conduct of the LGB and legal requirements
· Speak, act and vote in the best interests of the school
· Respect all LGB decisions and support them in public