Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Feed-Up-Warm-Up/opportunities/Trustee-Treasurer/67266 to join
SummaryFeed Up Warm Up is seeking a new Treasurer to join a supportive and engaged Board of Trustees.
About this role
Feed Up Warm Up (FUWU) is seeking a new Treasurer to join a supportive and engaged Board of Trustees. We are a small but rapidly growing charity supporting those suffering with homelessness and food poverty across North Hertfordshire. We are looking for an exceptional person to take on the role of Treasurer / Trustee to oversee the financial matters of the charity in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements. The successful candidate will have a background in finance, strategy, and governance.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie:
- Credit Card expenditure and accounting
- Cheque signatories
- Purchasing limit policies
- Purchasing systems
- Salary payments
- PAYE and NI payments
- Oversee fundraising accounting and ensuring policies/procedures are in fit for purpose to account for all monies received.
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
- Oversee the work of the FUWU Admin Assistant ensuring bookkeeping is kept up-to-date.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Ability to communicate clearly.