Volunteering with East & North Herts NHS Trust
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/East--North-Herts-NHS-Trust/opportunities/Volunteering-with-East--North-Herts-NHS-Trust/60045 to join
SummaryMore information about volunteering opportunities and how to apply can be found on our website
Our amazing team of volunteers come in all ages, from many different backgrounds, bringing with them a wealth of varied skills.
We want all our volunteers to fulfill their potential and make a real difference to our patients’ experience.
We work hard to ensure that we recruit the right volunteers who are committed to supporting the work of the Trust.
Thinking about volunteering at the Lister Hospital in Stevenage, New QEII Hospital in Welwyn Garden City or Hertford County Hospital?
To be a volunteer with us you must:
· Be 16 years old or over
· Have the right to work in the UK
· Be flexible about your volunteering placement and willing to volunteer where there is the greatest need
· Be willing to complete all the necessary training required for your role
We are looking for people who can communicate well with patients, the public and our staff. If you think you can show us your desire to help others and demonstrate your suitability to volunteer in a busy acute hospital setting, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please visit our website if you are interested in applying for any of these roles. We will then send you the necessary paperwork for registration.
Registration process for successful volunteer applicants:
· Completed application form and volunteer agreement
· Two returned references
· Health@Work questionnaire and clearance
· DBS check (if necessary for the role)
· Completed mandatory e-learning modules
· Completed individual risk assessment
· Issued with ID badge and uniform (if needed for role)