Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Central-London-Community-Healthcare-NHS-Trust/opportunities/Ward-befriender-volunteer/56504 to join
SummaryOur ward befriender volunteers make a patient's day by visiting them in the ward.
Our ward befriender volunteers make a patient's day by visiting them in the ward. They help with fun activities, friendly chats and keeping them company. Volunteers also welcome new patients to the ward and help them use tech to keep in touch with friends and family.
Langley House, Hertfordshire
Potters Bar Community Hospital, Hertfordshire
Hemel Hempstead General Hospital, Hertfordshire
- You’ll be friendly and proactive
- You’ll be able to use your initiative and ask for help when needed
- You’ll understand the importance of confidentiality
- You’ll be a good communicator with excellent people skills in person and over the phone
- You’ll be comfortable volunteering within a group or by yourself
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust
Manage their own health with the right support
Avoid unnecessary trips to, or long stays in, hospital
We support our patients at every stage of their lives, providing health visiting for new-born babies through to community nursing, stroke rehabilitation and palliative care for people towards the end of their lives.
Our vision: Deliver great care closer to home.
Our mission: Working together to give children a better start and adults greater independence.