Admin Support Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Age-UK-Herts/opportunities/Admin-Support-Volunteer/76731 to join
SummaryWe are looking for a Volunteer Administrator to support a member of our Carers Support Team for approximately 5 hours per month.
We are looking for an administrative volunteer to support our Carer Support Team with various admin tasks based at our Hemel Hempstead office.
The role would be for approximately 5 hours per month working in the office with the Carer Support Specialist so there is flexibility around days / times.
Duties would include:
- Assisting with admin related duties, such as creating and printing quizzes for Carers Groups, producing flyers and group/event programmes, arranging speakers for group sessions, general printing, laminating, mail shots/post, filing, scanning, emailing etc. Ensuring that all information given is accurate, current and in appropriate style and accessible and usable to a wide range of people.
- Telephone contact with unpaid carers for reminders of groups/events, and sign-posting carers to approved agencies (charities and organisations), where appropriate.
- Work with the other members of staff to identify joint resources for groups and clubs.
Additionally, there is the opportunity to attend Carers Groups and events, and attend appropriate training for voluntary sector, for the support of unpaid carers.
- Knowledge that you have contributed to your community by helping older people and their families.
- Volunteering experience that you can place onto your CV.
- Training opportunities that can be included on your CV.
All volunteers must be over 18 and are recruited subject to references and a clear enhanced DBS. Training and support will be provided.