Redbourn Community Group (RCG) is a volunteer lead registered charity which has been serving the village of Redbourn since 1980.
Previously Redbourn Care Group, the charity has a new name, to reflect ...
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Redbourn-Community-Group/opportunities/Minibus-Drivers/50184 to join
SummaryFriendly minibus drivers needed 3 hours per month to transport clients to specific locations and/or to organised outings using our minibus.
Would you like to help your community?
Do you enjoy driving?
Are you friendly and reliable?
Yes? Then this is the ideal role for you!
Volunteer minibus drivers are essential to the seamless running of Redbourn Community Group.
Minibus drivers are required 3 hours per month.
Your key responsibilities would be to:
- Pick up clients from their homes and deliver them to selected destinations including supermarkets, trip destinations and other designated locations.
- Support clients in accessing the minibus (from home to minibus and vice versa).
- Carry out routine checks of the minibus, comply with any requirements necessary to ensure safe environments and report any incidents, concerns or damage promptly to the RCG office and duty minibus manager.
- Always act in a responsible and courteous manner when undertaking duties for RCG.
- Proactively suggest improvements in the service provided and participate in any working groups discussing the minibus service/provision.
- Follow and comply with all applicable RCG policies, procedures, and guidance including the H&S Policy and guidance in ROSPA Volunteer Driver’s Handbook, the ROSPA Minibus Driver’s Handbook and RCG’s Minibus Driver’s User Guide.
Who are we looking for?
Ideally, prospective volunteers would:
- Be confident in having friendly, social conversations with a range of people.
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality about individuals supported during volunteer activities.
- Be aged between 25 to 75 years of age to comply with insurance requirements.
- Hold a clean full driving licence including D1 category.
- Have 5 or more years driving experience.
- Already hold a valid First Aid certificate or be willing to undertake First Aid training.
- Be happy to complete Safeguarding Adults at Risk Training to level 1 within first year of volunteering and at regular intervals thereafter.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Redbourn Community Group
Previously Redbourn Care Group, the charity has a new name, to reflect its objectives, to provide support to all residents regardless of background, to connect the community together, and to help community projects.
We have a wide range of volunteering roles. We have short term, micro volunteering roles for those who are not able to give a lot of time and want a role that fits with their personal life and other commitments, and we have roles which require volunteering on a more regular basis.