Redbourn Community Group (RCG) is a volunteer lead registered charity which has been serving the village of Redbourn since 1980.
Previously Redbourn Care Group, the charity has a new name, to reflect ...
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Redbourn-Community-Group/opportunities/Couriers-Escorts/50177 to join
SummaryWe are looking for couriers to be with the minibus driver, as a team, providing a high standard of customer care for all passengers.
Couriers required 3 hours per month. Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the pick-up of clients from their homes and deliver them to selected destinations including supermarkets, trip destinations and other designated locations.
- Support clients in accessing the minibus (from home to minibus and vice versa).
- Always act in a responsible and courteous manner when undertaking duties for RCG.
- Follow and comply with all applicable RCG policies and guidance.
- Proactively suggest improvements in the service provided and participate in any working groups discussing the minibus service/provision.
- Confident in having friendly, social conversations with a range of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about individuals supported during volunteer activities.
- Complete Safeguarding Adults at Risk Training to level 1 within first year of volunteering and at regular intervals thereafter.
- First Aid training would be beneficial.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Redbourn Community Group
Previously Redbourn Care Group, the charity has a new name, to reflect its objectives, to provide support to all residents regardless of background, to connect the community together, and to help community projects.
We have a wide range of volunteering roles. We have short term, micro volunteering roles for those who are not able to give a lot of time and want a role that fits with their personal life and other commitments, and we have roles which require volunteering on a more regular basis.