Redbourn Community Group (RCG) is a volunteer lead registered charity which has been serving the village of Redbourn since 1980.
Previously Redbourn Care Group, the charity has a new name, to reflect ...
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Redbourn-Community-Group/opportunities/Car-Drivers/50187 to join
SummaryCar drivers required 3 hours per month to provide door-to-door delivery service for clients to health appointments with a high standard of customer care.
Car drivers required 3 hours per month. Responsibilities include:
- Pick up and return clients, using own car, from their homes and deliver clients to required destinations such as GP surgeries, hospitals, physiotherapy and dentist appointments and other agreed destinations.
- Liaise with the client to agree destinations, timings, and any specific expectations or requirements e.g. wheelchair support/carriage and provide client with contact details for pick up.
- Follow and comply with all applicable RCG policies, procedures and guidance including the H&S Policy and guidance in ROSPA Volunteer Driver’s Handbook, including driving in a safe and responsible manner.
- Always act in a responsible and courteous manner when undertaking duties for RCG.
- Proactively suggest improvements in the service provided and participate in any working groups discussing the car driver service.
- Have own car.
- Have clean driving licence, including category B, comprehensive insurance valid for voluntary driving, current MOT and vehicle regularly maintained in safe driving condition.
- Complete Safeguarding Adults at Risk Training to level 1 within first year of volunteering and at regular intervals thereafter.
- First Aid training would be beneficial.
- Confident in having friendly, social conversations with a range of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about individuals supported during volunteer activities.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Redbourn Community Group
Previously Redbourn Care Group, the charity has a new name, to reflect its objectives, to provide support to all residents regardless of background, to connect the community together, and to help community projects.
We have a wide range of volunteering roles. We have short term, micro volunteering roles for those who are not able to give a lot of time and want a role that fits with their personal life and other commitments, and we have roles which require volunteering on a more regular basis.