East Herts Family Centres Creche Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/One-YMCA/opportunities/East-Herts-Family-Centres-Creche-Volunteer/60700 to join
SummaryCreche Volunteers needed to support staff in providing an exceptional childcare experience alongside various courses in the East Herts area.
The crèche Volunteer plays a key role in supporting staff in providing an exceptional childcare experience and enhance our offer of parenting and adult learning courses for families. Parents will be able to access training knowing that their children are being cared for by dedicated, caring staff and volunteers.
Crèche Volunteer supporting families to enable them to attend an adult learning Course
Various Locations and times across East Herts
We are looking for friendly, hands on individuals with some experience of Early Years. You'll support with providing a range of activities in our crèches, working with parents, carers, families and children, supporting the development and learning of children from 0-5 years.
Main Tasks could include:
To support the vision of the Family Centre supporting the Early Start Team in their work with parents, carers, families and Children (under 11years)
- To ensure all families feel welcome comfortable and valued.
- working with parents, carers, families and children, supporting the development and learning of children from 0-5 years.
- Setting up/tidying away activities.
- Engage & play with the children.
- Lead on specific activities as required.
- Includes both indoor and outdoor activities
Skills, Experience and Qualities needed:
- Aged 18 or over.
- Willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
- Commitment to online and face-to-face training.
- You need to have a friendly approach.
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- The ability to work well in a team and unsupervised.
- Training provided prior to starting role.
- Full induction into the service
- Ongoing support and supervision throughout role.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About One YMCA
We deliver a range of programmes and services that tackle the issues facing local people such as homelessness, family support and wellbeing. We offer opportunities for young people, from apprenticeships to work experience and childcare to youth clubs.
We work with all ages, faiths and backgrounds, as part of a global network of 14,000 YMCAs.
We have served the communities in Hertfordshire for 135 years and we reach 1000’s of people each day.