East Herts Family Centres Community Spaces Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/One-YMCA/opportunities/East-Herts-Family-Centres-Community-Spaces-Volunteer/58816 to join
SummaryOne YMCA are looking for volunteers who can help with Community Spaces at Selections Family Centre, Welwyn Road, Hertford, SG14 2DG
One YMCA are looking for volunteers who can help with Community Spaces at Selections Family Centre . As a volunteer you will be a friendly and welcoming face for our community spaces throughout the year.
We believe everyone should have a local and welcoming space to go this throughout the year, which is why we have joined a network of community organisations, providing these Spaces within the local community, where people can be assured of finding a safe, warm and friendly environment in which to enjoy refreshments, social activity, information and advice and the company of other people.
This is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference and give back to the local community.
Weekly - Thursdays
3.30-5.30pm Selections Family Centre
This is an opportunity for people to come and connect with others throughout the year. As a volunteer you will be a friendly and welcoming face for our community spaces.
· Greet people/families upon arrival
· Be a friendly face and person to talk to for our attendees
· Help with set up and tidying e.g setting up tables and chairs (light duties.
· Some administrations ie: registrations/signing in/supplies request.
· Engage with clients throughout the session
· Prepare drinks throughout the session
· Serve hot/cold drink and food choices during the session
· Clean and sanitise area once finished
· Assist with games and quizzes throughout the session
Signpost people/families into the services
You will be:
- To work under your own initiative and as part of a team
- Be a good and active listener who can support others
- Be of a friendly, welcoming and cheerful disposition
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good communication skills
- Opportunity to meet new people and learn new skills
- To be reliable and punctual
- Good communication skills in English; in person & over the phone
- A willingness to learn new things and get stuck in
- Respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values
You will be required to undergo a DBS check and x2 references. We will provide a full induction, training and support every step of the way!
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About One YMCA
We deliver a range of programmes and services that tackle the issues facing local people such as homelessness, family support and wellbeing. We offer opportunities for young people, from apprenticeships to work experience and childcare to youth clubs.
We work with all ages, faiths and backgrounds, as part of a global network of 14,000 YMCAs.
We have served the communities in Hertfordshire for 135 years and we reach 1000’s of people each day.