East Herts Family Centres - Early Start Activity Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/One-YMCA/opportunities/East-Herts-Family-Centres---Early-Start-Activity-Volunteer/68254 to join
SummaryEarly Start Activity Volunteers needed for our Active Rhyme Time session at Seth Ward Community Centre, Buntingford.
Active Rhyme Time Fun
Active rhymes & songs for your baby & toddler. A great way to meet other families & develop your child's communication & physical skills. ** The content of the sessions are planned for children aged 6-18 months but siblings up to the age of 5 years can also attend during the school holidays unless stated otherwise
Active Rhyme Time x2 back to back sessions
Seth Ward Community Centre
Weekly - Fridays
9.00am - 12.15pm
Main Tasks could include:
To support the vision of the Family Centre supporting the Early Start Team in their work with parents, carer's, families and Children (under 11years)
- To ensure all families
- feel welcome comfortable and valued.
- To support the engagement of parents in their children’s development and learning.
- Setting up/tidying away
- Engage & play with the children.
- Lead on specific activities as required.
- Includes both indoor and outdoor activities
- Encourage and support families to register with the service
Skills, Experience and Qualities needed:
- Aged 18 or over.
- Willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
- You need to have a friendly approach.
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- The ability to work well in a team and unsupervised.
- Training provided prior to starting role.
- Full induction into the service
- Ongoing support and supervision throughout role.
About One YMCA
We deliver a range of programmes and services that tackle the issues facing local people such as homelessness, family support and wellbeing. We offer opportunities for young people, from apprenticeships to work experience and childcare to youth clubs.
We work with all ages, faiths and backgrounds, as part of a global network of 14,000 YMCAs.
We have served the communities in Hertfordshire for 135 years and we reach 1000’s of people each day.