East Herts Family Centres - Baby Group Activity Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/One-YMCA/opportunities/East-Herts-Family-Centres---Baby-Group-Activity-Volunteer/68273 to join
SummaryBaby Group Activity Volunteers needed for our Baby Group at Silver Birches Family Centre.
An opportunity to meet other families with young babies in a supportive, stimulating and friendly environment. During the session you can play, discover more about their development and support your wellbeing. ** The activities and content of the sessions are planned for children 0 - pre-walkers **
Silver Birches Family Centre
Weekly - Fridays
9.30am - 12.00 pm
Main Tasks could include:
To support the vision of the Family Centre supporting the Early Start Team in their work with parents, carer's, families and Children (under 11years)
- To ensure all families feel welcome comfortable and valued.
- To support the engagement of parents in their babies development and learning.
- Setting up/tidying away activities.
- Engage & play with the children.
- Lead on specific activities as required.
- Includes both indoor and outdoor activities
- Encourage and support families to register with the service
Skills, Experience and Qualities needed:
- Aged 18 or over.
- Willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
- Commitment to online and face-to-face training.
- You need to have a friendly approach.
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- The ability to work well in a team and unsupervised.
Training provided prior to starting role.
Full induction into the service
Ongoing support and supervision throughout role.
About One YMCA
We deliver a range of programmes and services that tackle the issues facing local people such as homelessness, family support and wellbeing. We offer opportunities for young people, from apprenticeships to work experience and childcare to youth clubs.
We work with all ages, faiths and backgrounds, as part of a global network of 14,000 YMCAs.
We have served the communities in Hertfordshire for 135 years and we reach 1000’s of people each day.