The MND Association focuses on improving access to care, research and campaigning for those people living with or affected by MND in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We have volunteer lead ...
MND Association South Herts Branch need a 'Tweeter! Social Media Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Motor-Neurone-Disease-Association1/opportunities/MND-Association-South-Herts-Branch-need-a-Tweeter-Social-Media-Volunteer/49046 to join
SummaryAre you a regular Tweeter? Our South (and West) Herts Branch are keen for a Social Media volunteer to join them on the committee and manage the twitter page
We already have Facebook and Instagram covered, but would love to have someone to take over, develop and manage our twitter page.
As a Social Media Officer, you will:
• keep the Branch/Group’s social media channels updated – Twitter
• plan and schedule social media content and posts
• research, create and upload relevant contents e.g. graphics, videos, photos, audio, albums
• identify key influencers and organisations to interact with on social media
• reply to comments and messages
• encourage others to comment on posts and share them with others
• attend some of the Branch/Group’s events with a view to reporting on them or liaise with the Branch about these so posts can be made
• liaise with staff and other volunteers to ensure consistency in messaging.
This role would suit someone who has some experience of social media and a keen interest in social networking. The ability to write clearly, accurately and succinctly and the enthusiasm to grow the Branch/Group online presence would also be an advantage. You will gain experience of managing a social media community and the opportunity to find out more about how a charity such as the MND Association operates.
This role is flexible and you can give as much time as you are able to. Full training and induction will be provided and travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Though not essential, you may also be interested in joining our very friendly Committee (a group of like minded volunteers, wanting to support people locally with or affected by MND) as the lead on these platforms as a General Volunteer.
Interested? What are you waiting for.... go on, why not register your interest and we will be in touch to talk more about this role.
MND is a fatal, rapidly progressive disease that affects the brain and spinal cord. It attacks the nerves that control movement so muscles refuse to work. It can leave people locked in a failing body, unable to move, talk and eventually breath. It kills a third of people within a year and more than half within two years of diagnosis, and it has no cure.
The MND Association was founded in 1979. Our mission is to improve care and support for people with MND, their families and carers. We also fund and promote research that leads to new understanding and treatments and brings us closer to a cure for MND.