At our Complex Needs Service we support people with a range of mental health and emotional conditions, dual diagnosis and other complex needs to recover and live independently by providing free, short ...
Triage Admin Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Herts-Complex-Needs-Service/opportunities/Triage-Admin-Volunteer/49698 to join
SummaryWe are looking for enthusiastic volunteers with good administration and interpersonal skills to provide administrative support to staff.
Role Description: Triage Volunteer– Complex Needs
Responsible to: Triage and Volunteer Coordinator
Time commitment: A minimum of 6 hours during working week
Location: Business and Technology Centre, Bessemer Drive, Stevenage, SG1 1DX
Who we are:
Turning Point is a leading health and social care organisation. We provide services for people with complex needs, including those affected by drug and alcohol misuse, mental health problems and those with a learning disability.
The Complex Needs Service, provided by Turning Point, offers community support to people recovering from mental health issues and additional complex needs, including substance misuse, housing issues and learning disabilities. We also provide practical support to promote personal independence and recovery.
Purpose of role:
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers with good administration and interpersonal skills to provide administrative support to staff and person-centred support to service users. As a Triage Volunteer you will play an important role in providing an excellent service to those with complex needs within our community.
· To process inward referrals
· To communicate with clients and other key individuals
· To provide support to service user and escalate any safeguarding concerns
· To provide person-centred advice to service users and sign post other appropriate services to help support their on-going well-being
· To input and process client data
· To be a point of contact for the Complex Needs Service, by telephone and e-mail
What we are looking for:
· Knowledge of MS Office
· Experience of working in an office environment
· Familiarity with local mental health and social care community services
· Good interpersonal skills including confidence when speaking on the phone
· Ability to demonstrate a positive non-judgemental attitude to service users
· Ability to work from our Stevenage Base
· Volunteers must be aged 18 or over
What we can offer you:
· The opportunity to gain experience with a highly qualified and committed team, as part of a leading mental health organisation, in a friendly and supportive office environment
· The opportunity to make a tangible difference in the lives of those with complex needs within our community
· All volunteers will receive training in mental health awareness, plus access to on-going training with Turning Point
· Full role specific training
· Regular supervision with the Triage and Volunteer Coordinator
· Induction and 6 week review
· Access to listings of paid-work opportunities within the Complex Needs Service when they arise
· The Complex Needs Service are able to provide references for future work/volunteer opportunities
· Travel expenses will be reimbursed (40p per mile for first 10,000 miles, 25p beyond 10,000 miles)
If you are interested in any of our volunteering opportunities, please contact the Complex Needs Service by phone or email:
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Herts Complex Needs Service
So, whatever your situation and needs, we can work with you to set and achieve your own goals, manage your mental health and emotions, and develop skills where needed to live a full and rewarding life.