Guide someone with sight loss in Hemel Hampstead
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Guide-Dogs-UK/opportunities/Guide-someone-with-sight-loss-in-Hemel-Hampstead/48686 to join
SummaryDo you have 2-3 hours a week to spare and would you like to spend it helping someone with sight loss get out and about?
We match people who are blind or partially sighted with local volunteers to help them get out and about.
As a My Guide Sighted Guide you will undergo training and learn to safely guide someone with sight loss, navigating environments and building self-confidence - all whilst increasing social interaction with those who may not otherwise wish to leave their home.
You could be…
• Accompanying your partner to a local club or community group
• Having a catch up at your local coffee shop
• Enjoying a stroll together in your local park
• Visiting local places of interest such as museums and galleries
• Soaking up the culture at the theatre or cinema
• Working on your fitness together at the gym or swimming pool
• Cheering on your local football team
• Pursuing a hobby or interest together; perhaps a cookery course or craft workshop?
• Taking part in a sports or challenge event; fancy running the marathon, trying out tandem cycling, even climbing the old man of Coniston
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Guide Dogs UK
We rely on our brilliant volunteers who give their time to help our charity in so many ways. There are many great volunteering opportunities to get involved in, even an hour makes a big difference.
We recognise the extraordinary efforts of all of our volunteers and we're really proud to have achieved the Investing in Volunteers accreditation for good practice in volunteer management.
Together, we can help people affected by sight loss live their lives to the full.